Saturday 5 April 2008

Where in the world was I?






Judging from these photos, my guess would be either Cuba or Spain. I walked through the front door of the hotel to a wonderful old world Latin flavour. A mix of Havana and Andalusia were upon me. Every corner of the hotel was well thought out and planned fitting in with the theme. The hotel included an "honesty bar" which allowed patrons to help themselves to a variety of alcoholic and non alcoholic beverages, with a little sheet and slate pencil to record your takings. Of course, I was in neither Cuba or Spain, but instead London. The only give away was breakfast (home made smoothies - the best I have ever tasted, croissants, organic oatmeal and yogurt) and of course the view of the London Eye from the window.
While this was mainly a business trip, I did enjoy a 2.5 hour boat ride down the Thames, lunch with friends at some of the best restaurants London has to offer as well as WAGAMAMA and enjoyed yet more celebrity sightings! And of course being asked out by 4 different men in 4 days was quite the experience too! I did say no to all 4 for a few different reasons!
Off on hols tomorrow, will reveal where once I'm back. Too paranoid of psycho to post in advance.
A reminder for all those in the UK, the Guardian has a guide to growing your own vegetables in the Saturday paper today with part 2 in the Observer tomorrow.

13 comments:

The Zoo Crew said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Zoo Crew said...

ooops! too many typos in previous comment :)

i love the crosses in the pics. i just bought two more to add to my collection (and need to hang them!) when we were on our trip down south.

have a fun and safe trip!

Anne Marie said...

Yes, I was going to guess Spain! Wow sounds amazing!! Am looking forward to the reveal and sending good vibes into the universe. Wow, 4 guys -- I wish I had had what you have when I was your age!

lara said...

I was going to guess at Mexico, convinced that the picture was of a Talevera sink.
Have a wonderful trip.

Mrs McAvoy's Buzz said...

zoo crew, I thought of you as soon as I saw the crosses!

Mrs McAvoy's Buzz said...

LOL AM, but I did say no :)

Mrs McAvoy's Buzz said...

Thanks Lara, once I get there!

Tereasa said...

I was thinking Latin America, the tiles were a biggest clue for me.

Have you ever visited New Mexico? That's where I grew up and I think you would love it! Let me know if you ever need a tour guide!

Wendy said...

Gorgeous hotel! Love the colors!

Mrs McAvoy's Buzz said...

Tereasa I had no clue you were originally from NM! I have a wonderful friend who lives there, you are right I probably would enjoy it!

I'm sure you'd make a great guide!

Mrs McAvoy's Buzz said...

Yes Wendy, it was lovely! I'd def go back!

Anonymous said...

Wow, it looks super! If we ever get to London again, I'll email you for the details!

Anonymous said...

oops, sorry forgot to put that we me - Sharon!