Monday 17 March 2008

How not to get a girl to give you her phone number!

Sorry I've been MIA, it's been a BUSY week and no sadly Nigel didn't ask for me to marry him...yet!

Was at a party Friday night, hence the title of the post.

This is what was said by a member of the opposite sex about half way through the evening:

When you walked in, I thought you were a dumb blonde, but actually you know a lot of things, you obviously follow politics, read the Guardian, are well travelled, in fact you could be my perfect woman. Can I get your number so we could meet up?

And of course, my answer was no....sorry but I can't quite get past the dumb blonde bit...

What is wrong with men? All the good ones seem to be taken, sigh!

7 comments:

Anne Marie said...

Yeah, zero points all around -- first, has preconceptions based on hair color; second, makes tactless remark; third, is clueless enough to think tactless remark is somehow complimentary; fourth, said remark reeks of smugness (is that a word?) and superiority....NEXT!

Mrs McAvoy's Buzz said...

But when will the NEXT arrive??

Honestly it's like waiting for a kettle to boil! Although, actually it's not so much finding men, it's finding good ones...

if ony the men on my side bar were single. Honestly what does Tony see in Cherie?

lara said...

And what does Cherie see in Tony, i mean he is no Nigel Harman is he. The right one will come along when you are not looking for him really he will.

Mrs McAvoy's Buzz said...

from your lips (or should that be finger tips as you typed it) to God's ears Lara!!


WHAT DOES CHERIE SEE IN TONY??? TONY IS FABULOUS!!! Oh I could honestly come up with at least 100 reasons why he's sooooo lovely!

lara said...

please list them i need convincing!
could be your next post ha ha

Mrs McAvoy's Buzz said...

oooh Lara, your wish is my command. Somtime this week I'll do it!

The Zoo Crew said...

i guess nothing surprises me anymore. the nerve......