Wednesday 5 March 2008

Nigel Harman please marry me!

Why Nigel Harman and I are meant to be together:

1. We both have a background in musical theatre (and we all know all the experts say common interests are very important in a relationship!)
2. He played Curt in The Sound of Music and I played Gretel (who doesn’t love Gretel??!!)
3. He and I are the same number of years, months and days apart as my parents are (and they had a great love story!)
4. We both had a parent die as a child
5. We both grew up in Surrey (like point 1, these similarities are important my love)
6. We share the same favourite bakery in London
7. His Dad is a banker and I looove bankers...!
8. He worked @ Sainsbury’s and I worked at Sainsbury’s (as a College student). I should say that upon completion of the entry to work at Sainsbury's test, I was deemed suitable for the office instead of the shop floor!
9. Nigel said in an interview that he’d love a girlfriend who wasn’t necessarily the brains of Britain but was smart (well does number 8 show my brains?? Don’t forget those 3 degrees I’ve got and my super fabulous job now, youngest in the team by 20 yrs!!)
10. He likes women with red hair – heck I would look great with red hair!
11. We both support Crystal Palace FC (granted I switched from supporting the gunners upon learning of my beloved Nigel’s love for CP, please forgive me for my indiscretion Nigel)
12. He can juggle, I am VERY good at juggling (um...men)
13. A friend of a friend of a friend of a friend I was at a pub with in London once told me that my humour reminded him so much of his old friend Nigel (alright, he wasn’t talking about THE Nigel, but we’ve got to start somewhere!)
14. He has that thing where he has one eye that is bigger than the other – I LOVE THAT!!!!!!
15. He is vulnerable – honestly, I’ve always had a soft spot for vulnerable men
16. He likes Julianne Moore – honestly, I have been told several times that my voice sounds very similar to hers (and no I didn’t pay people to say that!)
17. I look like Tamzin Outhwaite
18. He smokes – I detest, hate and despair at people who smoke BUT every good relationship has something to fight and make up about. This can be our thing baby!
19. He was distressed not to get a role in the new upcoming film Mama Mia. I was distressed too baby (sshh! secretly I was relieved because at least he won’t have American women swooning after him, I can cope with the Brits but not the Americans)
20. He likes hot women and I have been told I am positively on fire. Yes, it was by the 75 year old man that swims at the same time as me each evening and yes he is blind in one eye, but we can overlook such things
21. I fancy him from the depths of my heart and I know if he gave US a chance, he’d fancy me too

Now dear Nigel, I should preface this by saying I am no jezebel and no groupie. I was taught, very rightly, there is a big difference between the women men get into relationships with and the women men marry, I am the latter. Remember that saying, every man wants a lady on his arm, a wife in the kitchen and a ........(fill in blank – couldn’t possibly say it, after all I am a lady!) Well baby, that expression was made with ME in mind :)

If anyone who reads this knows him, I will give you naming rights to our first child if you set us up. After all Alan Carr 2nd & 3rd (the neighbours) did say, when I shared my obsession, er love, for Nigel "ooohhh, you'd make beautiful babies, I tell you, beautiful babies"

Dishy Dicky any insider tips, chance of a set up?? Come on you have to use that star status for some good!!

I leave you with this parting video; can you see the similarities???

18 comments:

Anne Marie said...

If I ever run into Nigel, I'll put in a word for you ;) But considering most nights I am parked in front of the computer or TV 3000(?) miles away while baby is sleeping, you may have to rely on your swankier aquaintances.

(The vulnerable video wasn't streaming properly, so I'll have to come back and watch that another time. He was quite charming and funny in down to earth sort of way in the interview.)

Mrs McAvoy's Buzz said...

Ah yes, the words Nigel Harman and charming do belong in the same sentence.

He is a Prince among thieves...a jewel among stones.

lara said...

You have fantastic taste in men he is super dishy, sorry do not have any contacts with the rich and famous however my nose was on tv once!!!

Mrs McAvoy's Buzz said...

Lara, tell me about the nose, was it at least sharing a screen with someone famous, even if only sharing the screen with their nose??

lara said...

Does the mayor of Penzance count when your aged eleven?

Mrs McAvoy's Buzz said...

LOL sorry sweetie, not in my book...unless of course his name was Nigel Harman, Colin Firth, James McAvoy or, of course, the wonderful Richard Madeley or Tony Blair

;)

lara said...

He was old and grey and wore lots of jewellery, thats about all i remember of the actual filming. Unfortunately my whole face was meant to be on tv, it just happened that there were so many of us it ended up being my nose not good when your friends already called you concorde!!

Uncle Dick Madeley said...

Surely you'd prefer to make babies with Parky? Just say the world and I'll make the arrangements.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anne Marie said...

oopsie...that was me...logged in under the wrong account.

Anyhoo, I finally got the confession video to work, and I prefer him in the interview I think. What's he doing with that Sharon anyway??? She looks like his mother if you ask me.

Mrs McAvoy's Buzz said...

LOL funnily enough B@T - Sharon is his sister!!!!!!!

Mrs McAvoy's Buzz said...

Dishy Dicky, yes, Parky is a legend, the legend of talk shows Oprah's got nothing on his talent.
But alas, don't you think he's a TAD old for me, I'm not yet 30 my friend, not yet 30!!

Is this offer only related to Parky? If it is an open offer, or related to my man Harman in any way then I say make the arrangements, make the arrangements I say, MAKE THE ARRANGEMENTS!

BTW just what are you going to name baby numbero uno??

Anonymous said...

Nigel Harman actually has one eye bigger than the other??

I thought he was just squinting. And now I feel weird...

abby said...

I'm American and now I'm swooning over Nigel! Uh-oh!

Tereasa said...

Oh dear, girl. Thanks for the laugh... and all the links. This has been an educational evening!

Anonymous said...

Hillarious, you always make me laugh.
Sharon
p.s. I hope he see's you could be a great match.

Anonymous said...

My cousin went to Australia with him...

Anonymous said...

So where is both your favourite bakery?